Number of players on a team: Roster maximum of 6 players. Three field players and three substitutes. Teams are allowed to register less than 6 players. Players may only play on one team per age group.
Game Duration: The games are 20 minutes straight. Home team will start with possession. Games during Pool Play that are tied after regulation play shall end in a tie. Games during the Playoffs / Championship Rounds that are tied after regulation play shall proceed to 3 Penalty kicks per team. The Referee has the official time on the field.
Substitution: Substitutions can be made on the fly.
Kick offs/ Kick ins/ Direct & Indirect Kicks/ Goal Kicks/ Penalty Kicks:
The Goal Box:
- Kick offs may be kicked in any direction. You cannot score directly from a kick off (ball must be 100% over the mid-line to be considered on the offensive half of the field). The kick off is an indirect kick.
- Kick-ins shall be kicked into play from the sideline, rather than thrown in. The ball is considered in play when the ball is touched and changes position. This is an indirect kick, and a goal cannot be scored from this kick.
- Direct & Indirect Kicks: All dead-ball kicks (kick-ins, kick-offs, free kicks) are indirect with the exception of corner kicks, hand balls and penalty kicks. Indirect kicks must only change position before the ball will be considered in play. If a free kick is awarded within five yards of the opposing goal box, the ball will be moved back to five yards from the box. It is the referee's discretion where the ball will be placed.
- Goal Kicks May be taken from any point of the end line. All Goal Kicks are indirect kicks.
- Penalty Kicks shall be awarded if, in the referee's opinion, a scoring opportunity was nullified by an infraction (the infraction does not automatically result in a red card). Penalty kicks are DIRECT kicks taken from the center of the mid-line with all players (on both teams) behind the mid-line. Penalty kicks are dead ball infractions. If a goal is not scored, the defense obtains possession with a goal kick.
There are no goalkeepers in 3v3. The goal box is approximately six feet wide by six foot long located directly in front of the goal. The goals are four feet high by six feet wide. There is no ball contact allowed within the goal box, however, all players may pass through the goal box as long as they do not touch the ball while in the box. If the ball comes to a rest in the goal box, or on the goal box line, a goal kick is awarded regardless of who touched the ball last. Any part of the ball or player's body on the line or inside the plane of the box is considered in the goal box and an extension of such. If a defensive player touches the ball after it has entered the goal box, the plane of the goal box, or an extension of the goal box (such as any part of the ball or player's body on the line or inside the plane of the box), a goal will be awarded to the offensive team. If an offensive player touches the ball after it has entered the goal box, the plane of the goal box, or an extension of the goal box (such as any part of the ball or player's body on the line or inside the plane of the box), a goal kick will be awarded to the defensive team, and a goal will not be counted if scored. The plane of the goal box extends upward infinitely. The referee's judgment call and ruling on the field will not be overturned.
For more details about this event please contact:
Director of Soccer: Jeff Knittel- Jeff.email@example.com
Assistant Director of Soccer: Nick Bibbs- Bibbs.firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (315) 507-5560